Virtual Coaching for Team Leaders Workshop
1 day or 4 modules
This workshop introduces coaching to team leaders, giving them the skills and confidence to use it with their reports. It allows the opportunity to understand how coaching works and fits into leadership and organisations. A practical and relevant workshop led by a highly qualified coach, trainer and coach supervisor. The workshop is also valuable for employees who want to enhance their people and communication skills in their own roles or projects.
This blended virtual workshop will use coaching notes, pre-work, discussions, activities and practice to develop coaching competence and confidence. It provides high levels access to the tutor during and after the workshop. It can be run on both a one to one or small number basis. Access is provided to a range of free coaching resources.
Coaching Development Programme
1. Knowing What Coaching Is
- Understanding coaching as a valuable skillset for team leaders.
- How organisations use coaching for performance, growth and development and the value coaching adds.
- Recognising coaching as a valid leadership style.
- Coaching’s relationship with leadership and other development interventions.
2. Effective Questioning and Listening Skills for Coaches
- Examination of the two core skillsets, critical for powerful coaching.
- Personal barriers to listening and how to overcome.
- Identify and develop stronger listening and tools and techniques to becoming a powerful listener.
- How to create effective coaching questions and being a consistent questioner.
3. Using a Coaching Model
- Demonstrate how to a use coaching model as a framework to enable quality coaching conversations.
- Aligning effective questions to a coaching model.
- Considering the coaching model in everyday team leading.
- Practice applying and using a coaching model.
4. Practicing Coaching
- Bringing all the skills together and undertaking a real time coaching conversation.
- Reflecting on your experiences and receiving feedback.
Candidates have the opportunity to practice their coaching in work and then have a conversation with the supervisor to review and discuss their experiences and learning.
What to Expect from the
Virtual Coaching for Team Leaders Workshop
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Describe what coaching is and value it brings to team leadership
- Demonstrate how using coaching you can transform employee performance
- Confidently apply core listening, questioning and coaching skills and behaviours to a range of scenarios
- Practice and apply coaching models in a range of employee and team situations
- Identify how to apply coaching skills to employees and team.
The programme at a glance:
For team leaders and employees who want to enhance their people and communication skills
Run one-to-one or small group basis
High levels of access to the tutor during and after
Delivered virtually by Zoom
To get the most from these development events candidates are required to:
- Allocate time to prepare for and undertake virtual development sessions
- Undertake all pre-work
- Be present in the sessions and take part in discussions, asking questions to develop own knowledge
- Practice some personal reflection from the virtual modules and coaching practice to enhance own learning
- Workshop candidates have the opportunity to practice their coaching in the workplace and have a discussion around this with the Supervisor.
Benefits to Employers
- Team leaders with increased focus upon goal-based employee performance, development and growth
- Team Leaders trained to high standard in coaching
- Increased skill levels of Team Leaders applicable to 121 performance management, team meetings, projects and change
- Higher levels of emotional intelligence and people relationships
- Ability to develop problem solving in others
Frequently Asked Questions
How long do I have to complete the training?
What is the assessment process?
What does it mean in small groups or one-to-one?
How is learning undertaken in the training?
What are reflection notes and why do I need to do them?
How do I join the training?
If you are interested in the training contact Nick Howell on 07867 785314 or send an email to email@example.com to discuss the training and taking part.
The cost for the programme is £500 + VAT
To book please contact Nick Howell on 07867 785314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.