CMI / ILM CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management Coaching and Mentoring
In partnership with Accipio ILM and CMI qualification centre we are pleased to be able to offer Level 5 qualifications in coaching and mentoring
Delegates attending the level 5 coaching and mentoring training can opt to get their qualification through one of two professional bodies. These are the Institute of Leadership and Management (ILM) and the Chartered Management Institute (CMI). The core content for both bodies is covered in the programme.
CMI Level 5 Certificate in Management Coaching and Mentoring
The Level 5 qualifications in Management Coaching and Mentoring are designed for practising middle managers and those aspiring to senior management to develop management coaching and mentoring skills, helping you to identify the links between management coaching, mentoring and the achievement of business goals.
The Level 5 Certificate in Management Coaching and Mentoring gives a broader knowledge of management coaching and mentoring skills, focusing on management coaching and mentoring practice, and management of action learning
Level 5 Certificate in Coaching and Mentoring consist of 3 units:
- Using coaching and mentoring skills as a manager
- Coaching practice and theory
- Mentoring practice and theory
LOCATIONS AND DATES
The programme is delivered over 5 face to face days (2,2,1) in order to achieve the required learning hours.
The cost for the qualification is £1,900 plus VAT
Separate CMI Registration fee £142
You will be required to:
- Attend all face to face workshops
- CMI do not have a requirement for candidates to undertake coaching practice. As coaching and mentoring are practical activities Abintus strongly suggest that candidates are either currently coaching and undertaking reflection on practice. Or, agree to complete 18 hours of coaching / mentoring of 2-3 coachees/mentees. This practice will be supported by coaching supervision.
- Complete assignment work to agreed deadlines and submit through an online platform.
- Complete a total qualification time of 180 hours (made up of face to face training, theoretical and organisational).
- Manage own research, reading and learning from suggested reading list.
Benefits for Employers
- Advise on and build context, strategy, culture and processes form coaching and mentoring at a strategic level.
- Ensure coaches and mentors are properly skilled to practice ethically and safely.
- Use coaches to enable employees to effectively transition through organisational change
- Deployable resource to increase performance and delivery for individuals and teams
- Support and contribute to organisational engagement and retention activities.
- Develop and contribute a coaching and mentoring culture so that individuals can improve their performance and organisational productivity
Frequently Asked Questions
What will I achieve by completing the programme?
By the end of the programme you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a core understanding of Coaching and Mentoring and their roles within an organisational context.
- Develop capabilities and confidence in the skills, behaviours, language and approaches of an effective workplace and organisational coach and mentor.
- Achieve an internationally recognised qualification in coaching and mentoring
- Contract, manage and record your own coaching and mentoring assignments within an organisational context.
- Demonstrate how the organisational context can affect coaching and mentoring.
- Effectively evaluate own coaching assignments.
- Practice coaching and mentoring safely and ethically.
- Develop as a reflective coaching practitioner and leader.
- Apply coaching skills and behaviours to every day team and organisational leadership activities.
- Translate advanced communication skills to leadership roles.
- Identify and apply a broader and deeper set of universal communication and relationship development skills
- Research and write a business case for coaching and mentoring in your organisation
- Initiate and contribute to team and organisational cultural change.
- Become a role model for coaching and mentoring behaviours within own organisation.
- Identify how to advance and develop as an effective coach and mentor.
- Set up own practice as a credible coaching and mentoring practitioner.
How will I be assessed?
Successful completion of the qualification will require:
- Completion of an assignment
- Portfolio evidencing candidates 18 hours of coaching or mentoring practice
- Reflective journal on coaching practice, skills and behaviours
Additional coaching options
- DiSC profile with debrief to understand your personality style better when working with clients – £100
- On site 121 supervision – £250 per session (inclusive of travel and expenses)
PRICE - £1,900 plus VAT. Read more...
The cost for the qualification is £1,900 plus VAT
Separate ILM Registration fee £142
What is included in the price?
- 5 days of high-quality training, facilitated and experiential learning from and qualified coach trainer and supervisor (link to About Your trainer)
- Comprehensive programme workbooks
- Programme handbook for the qualification (PDF and physical)
- Accessible Tutor support
- 3+ hours of coaching supervision and coaching feedback – telephone or skype
- Course supporting text
- Venue – day delegate rate
- Access to comprehensive feedback from coaching clients
- Access to online coaching and mentoring assessment resources
- Access to ILM student resources and study area
This programme is also available as an in-house delivery option
How to book
Please download and complete the form (which includes our Terms & Conditions). Simply scan and return to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will be in touch within 24 hours to confirm your place.
About your trainer
Feedback from previous courses
“I just wanted to pop you an email to thank you for the training last week, it was genuinely thought provoking and is already influencing my day to day work with colleagues.”
“Thank you as well for a brilliant session – I thoroughly enjoyed it.”
“Thanks for your knowledge and enthusiasm for the subject. Made it a valuable course to do and think about in relation to my role.”
“Just wanted to send a thank you for the training. I thoroughly enjoyed the course and am really looking forward to being able to utilise my new skills and work. I feel highly engaged and motivated to develop in this area.”
“I’ve really valued this opportunity and look forward to applying and building upon the skills which the course has provided me.”
“You consistently presented thoughtful opportunities for growth and have a very engaging and inspiring way of offering challenges for further development.”